Qualified Charitable Distribution
If you are 70½ or older, you may be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. A qualified charitable distribution (or QCD) from your IRA is a way you can directly contribute to the Institute's research and benefit this year.
Benefits of a Qualified Charitable Distribution
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How a Qualified Charitable Distribution gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that QCD gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about a Qualified Charitable Distribution gift, please contact us. We are always here to assist you and answer any questions that you may have.